I have a confession…
If you know me, you know I am a massive breakfast fan… Porridge, Granola, Pancakes, Banana Nicecream (more on that in another blog post soon..), Smoothies, you name it, I’ve had it and I love it (keeping it vegan of course :)) But not just eaten at “Breakfast time”, you can easily find me on the weekend at “lunch” time with my big bowl of porridge, or a massive stack of pancakes…
So, to share my love affair with breakfasts, I am excited to bring you a new series; ‘The Breakfast Club’ where I will share with you my faviroute breakfast recipes, because any excuse to make food and eat it right? And hey, who knows, maybe we will expand to… *gasp* other meals too…
Anyway, back onto the breakfast foods…
The possibilities are endless, do I feel like something sweet and refreshing? Okay, how about a fresh fruity smoothie?
Or something warm and comforting? Cinnamon and Banana Porridge it is!
But somedays you just really crave some good old pancakes… in fact, they are scientifically proven to boost your mood, and light up your day (probably…).
So… I present you with my good old pancake recipe
These pancakes are so simple, (4 ingredients!) healthy and vegan, but best of all, they are super tasty!
Here is how to make them:
4 Ingredient Vegan Pancakes:
Makes approx 6 pancakes
- One very ripe, spotty banana
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Olive oil spray
- In a bowl, mash up the banana with a fork
- Add the flour and milk to the bowl and stir until well combined
- Add the baking powder to the mixture and mix well
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with olive oil
- Spoon some mixture onto the pan (I usually do a soup ladle full, but just do as much as you like)
- Once the bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake, flip, and the other side should be a nice golden brown.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side
- Continue until all pancakes are cooked.
Now for the fun part…
I love to decorate my pancakes and make them beautiful (ready for a photoshoot right??)
You can pretty much top your stack with any toppings you feel, but here are some of my faves;
- Fruits; Bananas, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, passionfruit, e.c.t
- Defrosted frozen berries (I love to microwave frozen berries until they become so defrosted they form a sauce which I can drizzle over my pancakes
- Nut Butters; almond butter, peanut butter etc
- Granola; if you don’t have granola you can just throw together some nuts, seeds and oats, and sprinkle them on top
- Cacoa nibs, chia seeds, dried fruits, random bits and bobs you find in your pantry
And there you have it!
My super easy vegan pancake recipe, so go ahead, try it, and be sure to take a pic (or two) and send them to me!
Hope you enjoy,
I have quite a few more blog posts planned so stay tuned…
Love Isabella xx
Tips and Ideas:
*In your beautiful pancake stack, feel free to add thinly sliced fruit between pancakes to add an extra flavour punch!
*If you are feeling it, feel free to add other flavours such as cinnamon or vanilla extract into the batter